The data flows in following manner:
- Firstly when the request is made , then it go to index.php page.
- Index.php is the front controller file which is used to run all the files of codeigniter. So, this is base controller or front controller of CI.
- After that the flow is route to routing. It check all http(Hypertext Transfer Protocol) requests and sees if the cache version is present or not of this file request.
- If the particular request version is present then it will show you the website on browser. Otherwise, it will goes to security.
- After all the security checks, the request moves to application controller.
- This application controller, loads all the models, libraries, helpers, plugins etc. After loading the data which is required for website enters into the view.
- Then view sends to catching and website is view to user on index.php