Whenever the question is about Codeigniter Vs Laravel first you have to think about what is web-site development or web-application development, the most common answer is PHP. PHP(Hypertext Pre-processor) is most popular and widely used programming language. A large market ratio is occupied by PHP due to its features.
Unlike old times, PHP has gone to next level in years. Nowadays, web sites and web applications are build using PHP frameworks. There are number of PHP frameworks such as
- Cake PHP
- Zend Framework, etc.
Out of these frameworks, we can use any framework according to our requirement. While talking about Codeigniter Vs Laravel , many people stay confused about which framework is best suited or which framework is to be used. There are some points of Codeigniter vs Laravel .The pie chart will help to show the popularity of these frameworks.
CODEIGNITER Vs LARAVEL
- It is clear from the pie chart that Laravel is the most popular PHP framework .It was launched in 2011, and still managed can build such a wide fan base.
- Many common tasks such as Routing, Sessions and Authentication are made easy.
- It uses latest version of PHP 7 therefore, unit testing and authentication which are key functions of web development are inbuilt.
- API handling is easy in Laravel, therefore it is best suited for developing RESTful APIs.
- Laravel has Object-Oriented libraries thus use of libraries and models are easier.
- CodeIgniter is lightweight and easy use as its installation and configuration is easy i.e. doesn’t invlove many steps.
- As laravel comes with PHP 7 but this framework is best option if you want to avoid version conflicts.
- CodeIgniter can used with third party plugins as well thus increasing functionality.
- This twelve-year-old framework has very large community, and thus has been tested by developers a number of times.
- To reduce the loading time in CodeIgniter, web pages can be cached thus improving efficiency and performance.