Kotlin Vs Java its now become a trendy and hot topic in today’s era.Everyone is familiar with java. So before start blog I would like to explore about Kotlin. Earlier developers used Java for android apps or C/C++. But Few years ago Android officially announced Kotlin as its first supported language.
Kotlin introduced in 2011 by JetBrains. The main reason to create kotlin was to make something better than Java in every possible way. Kotlin was made inter-operable with java because JetBrains did not put an effort to write an entire new IDE’s from scratch.
Which one is better for Android- Kotlin Vs Java
When kotlin released after that every developer started thinking about which one is better for android kotlin or java. So this becomes a huge debate of kotlin vs Java. I will clear some doubts for this I am gone a tell you about features of both (kotlin and java) .
Java is favorite language from the beginning because it is a general purpose programming language and object oriented class based language. Without any doubt java is the most effective and growing programming language ever created.
Advantages of Java
- Platform Independent: This is a main feature of java that it is a platform independent language. It means it has the ability of maneuver simply from one system to a different.
- Flexible: Java can run in browser window or even virtual machine. You can reuse code and update software in java.
- Java ensures faster build process than java.
- Java language is secure
- It has a potential for a program many tasks at the same time at intervals a program.
Disadvantage Of Java
- It requires more code which can be a reason of errors and bugs.
- It’s slower in comparison to many other languages and requires a lot of money.
- Java has limitations that cause problems with Android API design.
The main motive to develop Kotlin was to add some additional features to Java for handy mobile applications. Kotlin is based on Java virtual machine and kotlin language is a statically and open source language.
Advantages of Kotlin
- Switching from java to kotlin is very easy because you need to just install kotlin plugin.
- It cost nothing except for learning and training.
- Possibility of error is lesser than java.
- Got a lot of traction in Android development, but it’s also being used in backend projects such as Spring 5
Disadvantages of Kotlin
- Its tricky to find kotlin mentor for a team because kotlin developers are still a rarity.
- Kotlin is new as compare to java so for kotlin problems it is difficult to find answer.
- Android compilation tends to run slower in comparison to pure java project.
How Can Switch From Java To Kotlin Be Helpful?
In Kotlin vs java race everyone want to swtich from java to kotlin because its a modern language and it has many benefits as compare to java
- Kotlin is newer than java as I mentioned advantaged of Kotlin there are many option available in kotlin which were not available in Java.
- We can build a project with both java and kotlin codes. Because kotlin is simultaneously operable with java.
- Kotlin has the majority of Java and frameworks.
- Kotlin is an enhancement of Java, so a java developer or an existing java application user will be easily able to comprehend what Kotlin cod e is doing. It looks familiar, the code is easy to read and understand.