What Is Function As A Service Or Serverless Architecture?
FaaS stands for function as a service. It is the concept of severing less computing that’s why it is known as serverless or serverless architecture. Before this, for deploying apps, developers use PaaS (Platform as a service) but now new cloud computing service is here named as function as a service. Now software developers can take full advantage of FaaS to deploy “Function” as a piece of business logic.
Postulates Of Function As A Service:
- It Completes the quality of dealing with ideas rather than events i.e. abstraction of servers away from the developer.
- No need to pay extra charges as the user just have to pay the bill based on consumption and execution.
- Services are derived by events and also scalable.
Benefits Of Function As A Service:
- FaaS Can do voluminous transactions and also isolates and scale them.
- It can also handle a burstable workload.
- If the user wants to use this service once a day, month or year then no need to pay for 24/7/365
- It schedules all the tasks.
- One can also run the only piece of code on schedule time.
Types Of Functions:
There are many areas where we use functions but few of them are listed as follows.
- Scheduled job or task
- Process a web request
- Process queue messages
- Run Manually
These functions also chained together. For instance, a web request could write to a queue which is then picked up by different functions.
Providers of Function as a Service
AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure all are the FaaS providers. Many innovations are still in process in this area and changes are rapid and improve its functionality.
In a nutshell, function as a service is now a new future of software and application developers and will be widely used. In future.
Click Here to read blog on new techology