Introduction to Swift Programming
Many of you must have heard about Swift programming language. Swift is a powerful programming language for ios, os x, watch os and tv os apps. It is easy to use and understand. Development in swift code is quite interactive and fun. Unlike many other programming languages, the syntax is concise. The software developed in swift runs very fast and it is safe by design. Development in Swift was started in July 2010 by Chris Lattner.
Swift designers took ideas from various other popular languages of that time such as Objective-C, Rust, Haskell, Ruby, Python, C#, and CLU.
Features of Swift Programming
Swift includes some features that makes the code easier to read and write.
- It supports inferred types to make code cleaner and less prone to mistakes.
- Also, in swift programming, memory is managed automatically.
- There is no need to use the semi-colons.
- It has powerful built-in error handling.
- It supports advanced control flow using- do, guard, defer and repeat keywords.
- It has fast and concise iteration over a range or collection.
- It has structs that supports method, extensions and protocols.
- It has tuples and multiple return values.
- It has closures unified with function pointers.
- It supports generics.
Adaptive Layout in Swift
The introduction of Adaptive Layout caused a huge paradigm shift for iOS app designers. By using it, you can now create a single layout for your app which works on all current iOS devices without crufty, platform-specific code.