After completing the coding part in your project, now it’s time to upload your php project on server. This blog will basically deal with uploading php project on server. We will be discussing the procedure for upload php project on server in few steps.
Choose a reliable and cost effective web server
The very first step to begin with uploading project is to buy a server. There are many companies that provide web hosting server. Just remember, choose a web server which gives you full access to your account, also has room for growth.
Purchase a domain name for your project.
Domain name is something which looks like example.com, example.in, example.co etc. Domain name is something by which user will search for your website or project. Once you are done with purchasing your domain name and server. You’ll have to setup your domain name with your server. For explaining steps for this, I’ll be uploading another blog soon.
Upload your project on to server
After purchasing web server, the hosting company will provide you with an account called cpanel. It is an account from where you can manage your website. You’ll have to login into your cpanel and you’ll see file manager option on dashboard.
Click file manager and look for public_html or www folder (root directory) and open it. Create a zip file of your project and upload it there. After the zip has been uploaded successfully, extract it.
Configuration of database with your project
On the homepage or dashboard of cpanel account, look for mysql database option. There you’ll have to
- Create a new database
- Create new user for database with password
- Assign user to database and give privileges as per requirement.
- Come back to homepage or dashboard of cpanel and look for phpmyadmin option
- Once you open phpmyadmin, you’ll find your newly created database there.
- Import your database in newly created database.
- Come back to your project and update your connection file with new database name, user name and password