Welcome to O7 Services

+ 91-84373-65007

What is Virtualization | Hypervisors

O7services > O7 blogs  > What is Virtualization | Hypervisors
Virtualization

What is Virtualization | Hypervisors

What is virtualization?

In terms of computers, Virtualization means, creating a software-based or virtual representation of something such as Virtual Application, Server, Storage and Networks.

It is one of the most effective ways to reduce the IT Expenses. Also, it boosts the efficiency of small size business.

When we talk about Hardware Virtualization, the term used is “Hypervisor”. Hypervisors help in running multiple guest operating systems on the single host machine at the same time.

This virtualization is so powerful that despite all the Guest OS share the common hardware but each OS seems to be independent i.e. Guest OS appears to have its own processor, memory and other hardware resources.

Types of Hypervisors

1. Bare-metal Hypervisors: They are also known as native or Type-1 Hypervisors. Such hypervisors run directly on the host’s hardware to control the hardware and to manage guest operating systems.

1. Hosted Hypervisors: They are also known as Type-2 Hypervisors. Such hypervisors run within a conventional operating-system environment.

Below are some Best Hypervisor Technologies:

Bare-metal Virtualization Hypervisors

1. VMware ESX/ ESXi: It has the most mature hypervisor technology so far and it offers advanced features and scalability. But it needs high investment for its implementation because its licensing cost is very high. There is a free version of ESXi but it is very limited and it does not contain any advanced features.

1. Microsoft Hyper-V: It lacks many advanced features that are offered by VMware ESX/ ESXi. But still it is the rival of VMware ESX/ ESXi. This is because it offers tight windows integration.

1. Citrix XenServer: This technology was started as an open source project. It does not provide any advanced features. It offers several paid editions of XenServer which provide Advance Management, Automation and availability features.

1. Oracle VM: Basically, it is free of cost but if you want it hypervisors and support product updates, then only it will cost you. It lacks many of the features offered by many of the bared-metal virtualization hypervisors. It’s development time is longer and limited.

Hosted Virtualization Hypervisors

1. VMware Workstation: It allows you to run only a single Virtual machine at a time. No doubt it is paid but it is a robust hypervisor technology with some advance features such as record-and-replay and VM snapshot support.

1. Oracle VM VirtualBox: It provides reasonable performance and features and you want virtualization in budget. It is free software that shares many features with VMware Workstation. It is good alternative to expensive hypervisors for both server and desktop virtualization.

1. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization: It is a Kernel-based virtual machine that has qualities for both hosted and bare-metal virtualization. It turns the linux kernel itself into a hypervisor so that the virtual machines have direct access to the physical hardware. This technology is not free.

1. Parallels Desktop: It is very similar to VMware Workstation. It also has desktop version of his hypervisor technology that runs on both Linux and Windows. This technology offers very low-cost but feature-rich hosted hypervisor that can be used for variety of purposes.
18 Comments
  • regions bank login
    Posted at 1:30 pm, September 17, 2018

Thanks very interesting blog!

• key bank login online
    Posted at 11:26 pm, September 24, 2018

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out
    a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you
    helped me.

• Durga Puja Images
    Posted at 5:34 am, October 10, 2018

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post. I wanted
    to write a little comment to support you.

• indiana lottery numbers
    Posted at 10:15 am, October 13, 2018

I always used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I
    am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.

• ace333 download
    Posted at 7:29 pm, October 13, 2018

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.
    But think about if you added some great pictures or video clips
    to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this site could definitely be one of the most beneficial in its field.
    Great blog!

• 918 kiss trusted company
    Posted at 2:25 am, October 14, 2018

Hmmm it appears like your sitte ate my first comment
    (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still
    neww to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for rookie bog writers?
    I’d genuinely appreciate it.

• live casino and hotel jobs
    Posted at 2:48 am, October 14, 2018

This is the perfect web site for anybody who wants to understand this topic.

You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that
    has been written about for a long time. Excellent stuff, just excellent!

• live casino and hotel jobs
    Posted at 2:48 am, October 14, 2018

This is the perfect web site for anybody who wants to understand
    this topic. You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).

You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that has been written about for a long time.

Excellent stuff, just excellent!

• download casino king part 2 ganool
    Posted at 11:55 pm, January 17, 2019

I am in fact glad to read this website posts which contains tons of helpful data, thanks for providing these
    kinds of information.

• Fred
    Posted at 7:57 pm, January 20, 2019

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time
    to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want
    to suggest you some interesting things or advice.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to this
    article. I desire to read even more things about it!

• Jarrod
    Posted at 11:46 am, February 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing such a pleasant thought, article is fastidious, thats why i have read it completely

• scr888 slot game
    Posted at 8:35 am, February 15, 2019

Hey There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. This is
    a very smartly written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post.
    I’ll certainly return.

• Google
    Posted at 4:18 am, April 22, 2019

Google

The time to study or stop by the subject material or sites we have linked to beneath.